Teaching material on Joomla:
- The Internet is a computer network = a computer network (that is, the hardware component representing the computing devices/nodes and the eventual direct communication channels/links among them. It is mathematically modelled as a graph) + a communication protocol (that is, the software component given by the language spoken by the nodes). The communication protocol of Internet is the TCP/IP or Internet Protocol Suite.
- The URL addresses/URI, file systems, directory structures and paths.
- The World Wide Web is a particular service of Internet.
- Definition of CMS.
- What is Joomla.
- Site of Joomla (where to find the current Joomla 3 software release to download).
- Sites of documentation for the installation, operation and customization of Joomla:
Teaching materials on Automatic Communication Theory:
- The cartesian product of sets. Relations, equivalence relations and functions. Injective, surjective and bijective functions and infinite sets.
- The Graphs,
- The Trees and application of Trees in Computer Science.
- Communication, Computer Science and Automatic Communication.
- What is a Computer and the Computer Science.
- Turing machines and the concept of automatic work.
- Hierarchy of computational capabilities of various computer models in the case of languages: the Chomsky Hierarchy.
- What is communication.
- Multimedia, interactivity and hypermedia.
- The Signals. Analog signals versus digital signals. The resolution of a digital signal.
- Andrew McAfee's talks: are droids taking our jobs (at TED), the future of jobs.
- Example of (very very) near future cultured people.
Material on Programming Languages :
- Alan Turing.
- The Turing Machine.
- The concept of algorithm and program.
- John von Neumann: from the ENIAC to the stored-program computer EDVAC computer.
- The Computer and the modern architecture of von Neuman (see also the von Neumann machine and modern computers on wikipedia).
- Formal languages (= languages "interpreted" by the machines) versus natural languages (= languages "interpreted" by humans).
- Programming languages: Machine languages versus high level programming languages.
- Compilers and interpreters.
- Client-side scripting and Web Browsers.
- Server-side scripting and Web Servers.
Material on PHP:
- What is PHP.
- Official PHP site.
- PHP manual at php.net: section Getting Started and section "Language Reference". The interpreter Symbol table. The regular expressions. The stack.
- PHP Manual on wikibooks.org.
- Object orientation, Object oriented programming and PHP OOP basics techniques. The Encapsulation technique.
- PHP reference guide search on Google.
Material on MySQL:
- What is MySQL.
- What is a Database and a Database Management System (DBMS).
- What is a Relational database.
- The Structured Query Language (SQL) = Data Definition Language (DDL) + Data Manipulation Language (DML) + Data Control Language (DCL).
- SQL Manual on wikibooks.org.
- The MySQL PHP drivers (API) ( = PHP interface functions with MySQL). Manual of the original MySQL-PHP API.
- The 5.7 MySQL reference manual on http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/. You may find interesting the following chapters: Language Structure, Data Types, Functions and Operators and SQL Statement Syntax.
Subsidiary Teaching Material:
Material on HTML:
- HTML 4.0 Reference del Web Design Group (WDG) - (html).
Material on the CSS:
- CSS Reference del Web Design Group (WDG) - (html).